Thursday 28 August 2014

Ode to Saki

He is undoubtedly THE funniest author I have ever read!He is like a cross between Oscar Wilde and P.G. Wodehouse. The Clovis series reminds me of Bertie Wooster adventures with absolutely ridiculous things happening while the Reginald series reminds me of Oscar Wilde plays with all its sarcasm and biting social commentary (It's funny how well the old British aristocratic society lent itself to satire and how it was probably also one of the biggest consumers of this satire).

My favourites are the incredibly funny nieces who fooled people with their crazy tales and the scary little nephews who seriously knew how to punish aunts back :O God knows what Saki's aunts had to go through! I'm sure those stories are a little autobiographical :D

Anyway, he is one of the best authors I've read. I'm very grateful to my friends who gifted me his book!


No comments:

Post a Comment